Avoiding the Ransomware Rampage: 5 Key Steps to Staying Secure
Sponsored by: KACE
Date: 16 October
Days to go: 24
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Highlevel overview of the 5 steps to battle cybercrime and achieve security compliance with KACE WP (All verticals). Industry specialist and product demo of each main product feature required.
Few industries are immune to the soaring risk of ransomware attacks, as malware variants spawn and mutate – with attackers using automated attacks to find vulnerabilities.
The healthcare sector is among those that has been particular hurt by this in the near past, with the WannaCry causing severe damage across the NHS in 2017.
Ransomware attacks soared 195 percent in the first half of 2019, and the threat remains severe, with a major European steelmaker, and provider of forensic services to the Metropolitan police among the companies badly affected this year.
In this webinar, Timo Weberskirch, an industry expert from Quest Software’s KACE team will take participants through the 5 key steps they need to take to improve security, including inventory management, automated patch deployment in critical sectors like healthcare, and ways to track, lock and wipe sensitive data from mobile devices.
He will guide participants through this process with a live demonstration of KACE’s tools and examples of best practice in the healthcare and other sectors, with a focus on:
Product Focus Includes
- KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA)
- KACE Systems Deployment Appliance (SDA)
- KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager (MDM)
- KACE Privilge Manager (PM)
- KACE Desktop Authority (DA)
Sales Engineer Quest KACE
Timo Weberskirch started his position as Sales Engineer for Quest in 2016. In his position within the KACE team of Quest he helps customers and partners to keep them up to speed with the latest innovations in Unified Endpoint Management. He worked several years as a consultant and has a strong technical background. Apart from being an UEM expert, Timo volunteers at the fire department in his hometown.
Key Learning Objectives
- Discover what is on your network. Automate inventory management and deploy antivirus software to all endpoints
- Automate patch management and vulnerability scanning
- React quickly to re-image systems when you suspect an endpoint infection
- Track and manage mobile assets remotely
- Administer appropriate access rights by restricting user privileges and USB access
- IT Admin
- IT Manager