Open Banking: How to Turbocharge your Legacy Infrastructure
Sponsored by: IBM
Date: 18 December
Time: 11AM London
Open Banking is placing huge pressure on financial services providers.
They face “death by a thousand cuts” as insurgent fintechs steal their thunder with personalised services and snazzy apps.
Complex legacy IT environments don’t need to stop progress.
You can experiment and “fail fast” by composing and integrating business apps using APIs and microservices that layer on top of existing systems.
This webinar will explain how, and provide “lessons learned” from delivering such digital layers in financial institutions.
CTO for Banking and Financial Markets at IBM UK
Bharat Bhushan is the CTO for Banking and Financial Markets at IBM UK. He drives Innovation with his clients to support creation of new platforms, revenue streams and to optimise business operations using digital technologies.
Bharat is currently working with clients to implement OpenBanking and PSD2, application of data science and artificial intelligence for improving customer experience and investment research, blockchain for new operating and trust models etc. Some of his conference presentations and papers are available on his LinkedIn profile.
He is a contributing member of the UK Open Banking Implementation Entity, Industry council member at techUK and EIT Digital, FinTech mentor at StartupBootCamp and guest lecturer at Warwick University. Bharat has an MBA from Warwick University and an MSc in Advanced Computing from King's College London. He has 22 years of experience in the IT Industry delivering solutions.
Editor, Computer Business Review
Ed Targett is the Editor of Computer Business Review, where he oversees reporting on business technology issues across a wide range of industries. His 12 years of editorial and consultancy experience span independent macroeconomic research, smart cities, commodities markets and hard news. A stint working in agency communications saw him working with clients including Adobe, FIS, Siemens and the Financial Times. He was previously editor at Roubini Global Economics.
Key Learning Objectives
- Open Banking is placing huge pressure on financial services providers, as insurgent fintechs steal their thunder with personalised services and snazzy apps.
- Complex legacy IT environments don't need to stop progress; you can experiment by integrating business apps using APIs and microservices that layer on top of existing systems.
- This webinar will explain how, and provide "lessons learned" from delivering such digital layers in financial institutions.
- Senior IT Decision Makers within the Financial Services Industry
- Heads of IT
- IT Director
- Digital Transformation Strategists