Impact of Geometrical Process Parameters on the Tab-in-Tab structure
Sponsored by: MEDELPHARM, SKYEPHARMA
- Geometrical Process Parameters
- Oral Solid Dosage Forms
- Compaction Simulator
- Controlled Release
Date: 9 June
Time: 9AM New York / 3PM Paris / 6:30PM IST
STYL’One Evo: the enabling technology to develop press-coated tablets for controlled release
Formulators are facing increasing pressure to reduce development time and cost. The need for controlled release formulations and complex oral solid dosage forms such as multilayer make their day-to-day life even more challenging.
Key to their success is to assess new tableting technology that will allow them to develop their formulation with scale-up and production in mind. Data generation is also critical to drive their decision-making process with confidence at every stage from early development to manufacturing.
With increasing interest in chronopharmaceutics, press-coated tablets have become a key technology in the field of modified release drug delivery systems. Although their benefits in terms of drug release have been largely studied, the understanding of the compaction process of press-coated tablets is yet to complete.
In this webinar, a joint experimental and numerical study from University of Bordeaux and Skyepharma’s research teams will be presented. The impact of process parameters such as ratios between the dimensions of the core and the dimensions of the whole tablet (thickness, diameter) will be demonstrated.
Register now and join us for this exciting webinar on the latest press-coating technology.
Visit Medelpharm’s LinkedIn
Visit Skyepharma’s LinkedIn
Visit Medelpharm’s Youtube
Visit Skyepharma’s Youtube
PhD students at Skyepharma / University of Bordeaux
Léo has recently graduated Engineer and research Master degrees at University of Technology of Compiègne (UTC), in 2019. He joined SKYEPHARMA and UNIVERSITY OF BORDEAUX right after to begin his PhD thesis. This partnership benefits from high scientific expertise of the professors of University of Bordeaux, and from the experience in production and development of complex dosage forms of Skyepharma. Since the beginning of his PhD, Léo has been working more particularly on the press-coated tablets, their manufacturing process, and how the process parameters can have effects on the final products properties and attributes.
Science Lab Head and Business Development Manager at MEDELPHARM
Bruno Leclercq joined MEDELPHARM in 2015 as a senior pharmacist working in business development. He is also leading MEDELPHARM Science Lab. He has more than 20 years of expertise in excipient and formulation development. He previously worked at Reckitt Benckiser as a formulation scientist and FMC biopolymer as a global excipient application development manager. Bruno can look back to more than 15 years of international experience in meeting, advising, and solving customers’ formulations and production problems in Europe, Asia and North America.
Key Learning Objectives
- How to increase your methodology and expertise when developing controlled release formulation
- How to accelerate formulation development, even for more complex tablet forms
- How to understand deeply the impact of geometrical process parameters on the press coating quality attributes
- How to benefit from a compaction simulator as a cost-effective tool to develop oral solid dosage forms
- Formulation/galenic scientist
- Head/Director/Manager of Formulation Development
- Head/Director/Manager of R&D
- Head/Director/Manager of Pharmaceutical Development
- Head/Director/Manager of Clinical Manufacturing
- Chief Scientific Officer
- Solid dosage form specialist
- Scale-up/tech transfer engineer
- Pharmaceutical project managers
- Tableting technical support
- Research/manufacturing scientist
- Heads of Outsourcing
- Production support
- Quality by design specialist
- Galenic/formulation development
- Head of Department of Pharmaceutics
- PhD/professor in Pharmaceutics
- Technical Director
- Product development
- Pharma Scientist
- Pharma Engineer
- Founder and CEO