Reckoning With Risk
Sponsored by: NSF International
Date: 13 December
Time: 4PM London/11AM New York
The Psychology of Risk-Based Decision-Making
From the moment we get out of bed in the morning to when we return at night, we all take risks. Some big, others small. Some consciously, others less so. There is no such thing as zero risk. In fact, itâ€™s a dangerous illusion. Success awaits those with the ability to make data-driven, risk-based decisions â€“ and quickly. If you want to stay safe and succeed in a chaotic, uncertain and risky world, this webinar is for you.
Here is the challenge. Most of us are conditioned to avoid risk at all costs. To play it safe. Risk aversion is natural because our survival-based emotions rule over logic. The trouble is that when emotion rules over our decisions, they are often compromised and opportunities are lost. The pharmaceutical industry is in the eye of a perfect storm in a world that is becoming more and more chaotic. Everyone is being asked to do more with less and do it faster. The ability to make good risk-based decisions will be key to your personal success and the long-term future of your business.
So, there you have it. Weâ€™re naturally risk averse, but we must take risks! The good thing is that risk-based decision-making is a skill that can be taught and one, when perfected, can dramatically improve your decisions at home and at work. If you want to stay safe and prosper in this crazy world, register now.
Global VP NSF Health Sciences: Pharmaceutical - Biotech - Medical Devices
Martin Lush has over 30 yearsâ€™ experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. He has held senior management positions in QA, manufacturing, QC and supply chain auditing and has conducted audits and education programs for many hundreds of companies in over 25 countries. He was previously a partner at David Begg Associates (DBA).
A microbiologist by profession, Mr. Lush has considerable experience in the manufacture, quality assurance and testing of aseptic products. He is also qualified to act as a Qualified Person within the EU. He holds a masterâ€™s degree in medical microbiology, a BSc in medical science and a post-graduate diploma in quality management systems. He is also an honorary lecturer at the School of Pharmacy, University of Strathclyde, Scotland.
Mr. Lush has been involved in the design, qualification and operation of over 15 plants manufacturing sterile products. Passionate about continuous quality improvement in the pharmaceutical industry, he believes that most pharma companies are 20-30 years behind industries like automobiles and microelectronics. He is currently working with many companies to help them close this gap.
Mr. Lush is respected for his expertise in helping companies simplify and dramatically improve their quality systems by removing non value-adding operations and improving compliance at minimal cost. Other areas of expertise include:
- Crisis management: Helping companies survive severe regulatory action (consent decrees and warning letters)
- Quality systems: How to simplify and improve operational effectiveness
- Quality leadership: Helping you to get the best from your people
- Human error: Causes and prevention
- Error reduction and process improvement
- The design and implementation of efficient and simple change management systems
- Deviation and CAPA systems that drive continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting and problem solving to root cause
- Training and education effectiveness (as a qualified practitioner of accelerated learning teaching methods)
- Batch record review and product release procedures
- Performance measure development
Key Learning Objectives
- To understand the psychology of risk aversion and how to overcome it
- How to use a simple, structured decision-making process to get to the right decisions
- How to ensure this becomes a habit by following some simple rules
- To gain a vital skill that will keep you safe and make you prosperous
- Assistant Quality Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Director Of Quality
- Director Of Quality Assurance
- Director Of Training
- Head Quality Assurance
- Head Quality Operations
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Manager
- Senior Quality Assurance Manager
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- Supplier Quality Manager
- Training Manager
- Vice President Quality
- Vice President Quality Assurance