Tracking the Tastemakers
Sponsored by: GlobalData
- Product Innovation
- Food Consumer
Date: 26 October
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Emerging Trends in Specialty and Gourmet Foods
Specialty and gourmet foods and drinks often set the pace for new product innovation. This webinar looks at emerging trends in this area like alcohol-influenced flavors, fermented food innovation, foods that celebrate fat content instead of apologizing for it, and new flavor surprises.
Understanding what characteristics elevate a product to gourmet or specialty status is important for a deeper understanding of this sector of the FMCG marketplace.
It is also important to understand the gourmet and specialty food consumer. What type of consumer is attracted to exotic flavors? Which product categories tend to be fertile ground for specialty and gourmet foods?
Attend this webinar and find out why gourmet and specialty foods are often considered to be the leading edge of new product innovation and find out what game-changing innovations are coming out of this sector.
Innovation Insights Director
Tom Vierhile is the Innovation Insights Director for London-based GlobalData PLC. Tom has 20+ years of experience in consumer packaged goods reporting and analysis, much of that with the Product Launch Analytics database of new products. Based in Fairport, NY, he is an internationally recognized expert on new product marketing. Tom has given presentations on new product trends at industry conferences in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America, and is a regular contributor to Prepared Foods magazine, Natural Products Insider, and Just Drinks. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing from St. Bonaventure University and an MBA from SUNY Buffalo.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive gourmet and specialty food innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by spotting emerging opportunities while there is still time to act.
- Gain a broader appreciation of factors driving innovation in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to direct future decision-making and new product development.
- Director of Research and Development
- Director of Marketing
- Director of New Product Development
- Marketing Manager
- Market Intelligence
- Brand Manager