How to Drive Innovation in Formulated Products Through Improved Data Management
Sponsored by: Dassault Systèmes - BIOVIA
- Data Management
- Digital Continuity
- Connected Lab
Date: 7 March
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Companies developing formulated products face challenges in rapidly introducing new products to market as well as meeting customers’ expectations. Roadblocks impeding time to market often come from reduced R&D productivity. Much of R&D experimental data is only used once, may exist in paper systems or in siloes, and is not searchable. This makes it difficult to find and share data among researchers which can hamper innovation. To succeed, R&D organizations must speed up the pace of innovation.
During this session, strategies will be discussed for increasing lab, researcher, and experiment efficiency, the technology available to drive these efficiencies, the application of modelling & simulation methods to design better experiments as well as how formulation development labs today are achieving the next level of successful innovation.
Principal Application Scientist
Nick Reynolds is a member of the Pre-Sales Application Science Team, working with research organizations to help them streamline their research processes and increase their rate of innovation through the use of BIOVIA technology.
During his 23 years at BIOVIA, Nick has worked with research teams in the chemical formulation and development, chemical, engineering, and pharmaceutical development fields in applying predictive science methods, data modelling, and laboratory informatics approaches.
Key Learning Objectives
- How "Digital Continuity" connects all stages of the product lifecycle from ideation through to manufacturing
- How a "connected lab" can improve overall data quality and integrity
- How modeling & simulation helps to design experiments and screen materials for better and faster decision making
- How end-to-end connectivity of materials from receipt to disposal drives standard work practices
- Lab Scientist
- Lab Manager
- Computational Chemist
- Quality Manager
- Lab Resource Manager
- Lab Procedure Manager
- SVP/VP/Director/Head of Research & Development â€“ Research and /or development
- Head of Innovation/Scientific Innovation
- VP Research Information Technology/Research IT
- General Manager Food & Beverage
- VP/SVP/Director/Head of EH&S
- Product Development Scientist
- Product Development Engineer