Towards Net Zero: how to accelerate decarbonization and energy efficiency in Oil & Gas industry
Sponsored by: Exergy International
- Oil And Gas
Date: 17 June
Days to go: 4
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Boost efficiency and profitability while reducing the carbon footprint of Oil & Gas processes with new generation Organic Rankine Cycle technology
The increasing social and environmental pressure to accelerate the energy transition presents the Oil & Gas industry with a new challenge: to rethink its business models and operations to secure a central role in a changing energy economy. No doubt, the primary issue the industry must answer in the short-term is how to reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, which today account for 15% of the world’s energy-related emissions.
There are effective and proven technologies that could be employed to help mitigate the production of GHG emissions associated with Oil & Gas upstream, midstream and downstream processes. Among these, Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) is one of the most advantageous, proven and easily-implemented in the short-term, enabling the recovery of exhaust heat from Oil & Gas processing and refining to produce clean electricity.
EXERGY’s new generation ORC technology based on the Radial Outflow Turbine (ROT) offers a major opportunity, thanks to a simple and customisable design that can lower investment costs by increasing the efficiency of systems and their profitability.
In this webinar you will learn:
• The basics of the ORC technology and the advantages of ORC compared to steam heat recovery systems for low-to-medium size applications.
• The unique features of EXERGY’s ORC systems based on the ROT. This allows for greater efficiency, high customisation, and lower operation and maintenance costs over alternatives on the market.
• EXERGY's solutions for effectively recovering waste heat in the Oil & Gas industry, such as in refining and other hot stream processes, LNG processes and from gas turbines in gas compressor stations. Technical details and hypothetical business plans will outline the major advantages offered by EXERGY's customised solutions. A real-world case study of a waste heat recovery application in a LNG regasification terminal in Thailand will show how this solution provides significant environmental benefits, cost savings and fast paybacks.
Join us in this webinar if you want to learn how to start decarbonising Oil & Gas processes and increasing energy efficiency by harnessing all your untapped waste heat!
With a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marco Frassinetti has extensive experience and all-round know-how which covers all areas of ORC technology and development. Working in the ORC market since 2007 and with EXERGY since 2010, Marco has guided several departments as Head of Project Execution, Head of Engineering and of the Proposal team, being responsible for all the quotations and technical support to the sales. Since 2020, he has been in charge of leading and coordinating EXERGY’s worldwide sales activities. Marco has authored a number of technical papers related to ORC technology and spoken at leading industry conferences.
Senior Proposal and Process Engineer
Nicola Frascella graduated from Politecnico di Milano in 2017 with a master’s degree in Energy Engineering. In the same year, he achieved a second MSc in Energy Engineering from Politecnico di Torino. Nicola has been working for EXERGY since the beginning of 2018, when he started as a Proposal Engineer. He still works in the Proposal team as a Senior Proposal and Process Engineer.
Key Learning Objectives
- Basics of ORC technology and Exergy’s enhancement
- Advantages of ORC compared to other technologies
- EXERGY’s customized and effective solutions for waste heat to power for Oil & Gas industry
- Economics and profitability of ORCs systems
- Business Development Manager or Director
- Head of Engineering
- Energy Manager
- Head of Procurement
- Head of Operations
- Project Manager
- C Levels
- Senior Engineers