Delivering Business Value from Machine Learning and Analytics
Sponsored by: Tessella
- Analytics Technology
- Digital Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
Date: 27 February
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Lessons Learned from
The world’s businesses are awash with data and the vast majority is delivering insignificant value. This problem has grown exponentially over many years fed by the synergy between data and several driving factors – predominant among them, the Internet of things and the proliferation of ‘smart’ devices. As companies struggle to utilize their present day’s data, hope to handle the flood of future data, and pray their competitors aren’t out ahead of them, the problem continues to grow.
We begin with a thorough review of the current status of business data – a picture that is common among all market sectors. Some believe that the application of analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence can easily and rapidly transform this flood of data into valuable business insight. We explore the fundamental nature of these powerful techniques and show that while much is possible, successful implementation is challenging.
Nearly forty years of sophisticated data science and analytics consulting has allowed Tessella to identify a number of critical factors allowing successful extraction of business information from data. In this webinar we discuss those strategies for success as well as identifying common traps that can lead to failure.
James Sokolowski – Ph.D.,
Principal Consultant - Analytics Solutions, North America
Jim currently directs our overall analytics solutions, manages Tessella's Houston operations, and acts as technical lead for Tessella’s most complex and strategically important analytics projects. Jim has produced patentable intellectual property across multiple domains supporting military, intelligence, other federal, state, and local government, as well as an incredible diversity of commercial customer segments. Jim’s unique skill set enables him to produce the most cost-effective solutions in new and challenging environments where out-of-the-box problem solving is essential.
With a BS with Highest Honors in experimental Physics from the University of Michigan and a Ph.D. in Astronomy and Astrophysics from Rice University, Jim has been engaged in the most sophisticated data science, analytics, and machine learning projects for over twenty-five years.
Key Learning Objectives
- How big-data with the proper perspective and methodologies can add value to your business operations, your products and services.
- Understand the common challenges that the explosive growth of big-data challenges across all businesses in all market sectors are facing in their battle to stay ahead of their competition in extracting value from data cost-effectively.
- The strategies for getting analytics solutions right and common traps to avoid.
- Common mistakes that one should avoid in pursuing analytics answers.
- Head/VP/Director - Drilling
- Head/VP/Director - Innovation
- Head/VP/Director - Strategy
- Head/VP/Director - Analytics
- Head/VP/Director - Data Science
- Head/VP/Director - Digital
- Head/VP/Director - Geoscience