The Fight Against Insurance Fraud : Where we've been, what we've learned and where we're going
Sponsored by: BAE Systems
- Fraud Prevention
Date: 10 October
Time: 8:30AM GMT/09:30 CET/15:30 SGT
How to fight the fraud of tomorrow
We all talk about our fraud detection and prevention strategies, but what have we learned and how are we as insurers preparing ourselves to fight the fraud of tomorrow? Your fraud armor isn't just a tech decision, but a series of decisions that will impact, and involve, your customers, staff, agent and broker partners - and yes, your leadership. In this webinar, ABI and BAE Systems will provide a view of:
• How far have we come in fraud prevention in the last two years?
• The top four considerations you need to make to ensure your business is ready to address present and future fraud risks
• How to use our industries history to guide the future counter-fraud strategy
• The importance of industry wide reporting and how this should influence your strategy
• How to use technology to support your strategy
Join the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and BAE Systems to share your expertise and views on this highly critical topic.
Fraud and Financial Crime Manager, Association of British Insurers (ABI)
Mark has led ABI’s work on fraud and financial crime since June 2011. Working closely with bodies such as the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and the Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED), his role focuses on implementation, oversight and development of the insurance industry’s major counter fraud initiatives. He has represented the industry on numerous external initiatives and was a member of the Governments’ Insurance Fraud Taskforce. He leads industry lobbying and policy development on counter fraud and is also responsible for developing industry strategy on wider financial crime matters, including anti-money laundering and sanctions.
After beginning his career in the legal profession, Mark has insurance experience in compliance, conduct regulation, legislation and corporate governance.
Policy Advisor, Insurance Europe
Charles is a policy advisor at Insurance Europe, where he works on non-life topics from motor & property insurance to insurance fraud. He previously worked for the leasing and short-term car rental advocacy organisation Leaseurope and the UK financial regulator, the FSA.
Global Insurance Product Manager, BAE Systems
Cate joined BAE Systems in 2018 and is in charge of providing solutions to the problems that insurers might encounter when it comes to fraud prevention. She is utilising her knowledge and expertise build over the past 13 years. She started her career as a Property Claims & Fraud Complaints handler with Zurich Insurance Company in Cardiff and then quickly progressed to Property Insurance Fraud Investigator with Allianz Insurance. Further career moves over the next few years saw Cate become Fraud Manager and then Head of Fraud at Gocompare.com. Having observed certain flaws in most of the business models she’d encountered especially with data sharing, Cate decided to set up her own business ‘No Office Walls’.
Away from work, Cate loves to spend time with her family, especially exploring and enjoying the great outdoors together. And she is also “big into rugby” – she is Welsh, after all! – with matches at the national Principality Stadium in Cardiff a high point.
Key Learning Objectives
- Share insights/expertise into the topic
- How to future-proof yourselves against financial crime risks
- Hear more about the Association of British Insurers’ (ABI) report
- How to establish a predictive and forward-thinking anti-fraud strategy
- Head of claims/Director of claims
- Head of Fraud
- Head of Investigations or SIU (Special Investigations Unit)
- Senior Investigator
- Director/Head of underwriting
Director of risks