Insurance Digital Finance Transformation: drivers for change and unlocking the strategic value the c-suite is looking for from today’s finance function
Sponsored by: Aptitude Software
- Insurance Finance Transformation
Date: 28 January
Days to go: 10
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Insurance Finance Transformation in the digital age
Untapping the value of digital: Insurance Finance Transformation in the digital age
Insurance has been going through a digital revolution. Customer channels and analytics as well as operational claims and underwriting processes have become digitised in recent years. Following these early digitisation initiatives the winds of change have spread to the Finance and Actuarial functions.
The drivers of change for Finance Transformation are well known and tend to be driven by 3 macro-trends.
1. Increased market competition and the corresponding pressure on Finance to deliver business insights and enable enterprise-wide change.
2. Antiquated legacy Finance and Actuarial platforms which are unable to deliver the wider transformation that the c-suite is looking for from Finance.
3. Digital technologies approaching maturity and delivering proven value to insurers who are already on the Finance Transformation journey.
In this webinar Aptitude Software, EY and Transamerica will be discussing Finance Transformation in insurance.
In this webinar you will hear insights from EY on market best practise and Transamerica who are currently undergoing a transformation programme.
Robert (Bob) Broz,
Head of Finance Technology & Head of Life IT Solutions - Transamerica
Bob has over 20-years of experience in leading global, enterprise-wide operations and business transformations, across the Finance and IT functions. He currently leads two IT functions for Transamerica. As the Head of Finance Technology, he serves as the end-to-end IT owner for all finance and corporate systems, leading an organization of over 300 IT professionals.
Prior to joining Transamerica, Bob served as Vice-President, Financial Systems and CAO Strategy for a top five US Life and Annuity entity. Over his career, Bob has successfully initiated, led, and delivered several strategic finance change programs, managing global portfolios as large as 150 initiatives and annual budgets over $300MM.
Head of Aptitude Software, Pre-sales, International
Jeremy has 25 years’ experience working in banks leading transformational change across Finance and data programmes. He ran Finance Change for UBS Wealth Management UK and was the Global Head of Finance Regulatory Change for Barclays Group and subsequently Deputy CFO for Barclays Russia. He moved into Management Consulting 7 years ago at Accenture and EY and lead Finance Transformation programmes at Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Barclays Capital and Lloyds Banking Group.
Jeremy is a Chartered Accountant with an MBA from Cambridge University, member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment and has recently completed the FinTech programme at the Oxford University Said Business School.
Partner – CFO Advisory Services, Ernst & Young LLP
Yolaine is a Partner within the UK CFO Consulting Services Team. She advises insurers on finance transformation and has extensive international experience in the UK, France and Australia. Yolaine brings practical experience gained from her time in Risk and Operations at a global bank.
She was Finalist for the 2018 Women in Finance “Finance Leader of the Year” award. She is actively engaged in connecting professional women, including via her role on the Board of the London Women’s Forum since 2015.
Yolaine holds an MBA from London Business School and Columbia Business School, an MS in management from EM Lyon, and is expert comptable.
Key Learning Objectives
- What are the key drivers for change and what are the key triggers for action?
- What benefits are insurers getting from their FT programmes and what is the typical ROI?
- What sort of transformation is needed – which technologies give the biggest bang for the buck and what does this mean in terms of operating model and people changes?
- How do insurers typically tackle what can be a daunting transformation journey, where do they start and how do they build a consensus for change?
- Chief Finance Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Head of Finance
- Head of Risk
- Head of Treasury
- Head of Finance Transformation
- Head of IT Finance
- Head of Finance Systems
- Head of Transformation
- Chief Accountant
- Chief Controls Officer
- Chief Data Officer
- Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Head of Financial Reporting