Webinar: How the upcoming EU data protection regulation is forcing businesses to change
Sponsored by: Trend Micro & EY
- E U
- Data Protection
Date: 7 December
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
New legal considerations for security professionals
The upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation means all businesses risk massive fines and potential compensation sanctions should they fail to protect customer and employee personal identifiable information. Law firms are assessing requirements and the pressure will be on your organisation to be prepared.
Join this CBR hosted Webinar with cyber security leader Trend Micro and global law firm Hogan Lovells to learn how to protect yourself, your data and your business.
• The present state of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
• The upcoming changes and what they mean to you
• What you can do to best prepare for the new legislation
James Walker has been in the computer networking and security industry for the past 15 years holding various sales, marketing, technical and product roles.
Most recently James joined Trend Micro's UK/IRE Business Unit as a Solution Consultant having spent the last 6 years also at Trend Micro within various regional and global product marketing roles covering a large part of the Trend Micro solution portfolio.
Both externally and internally he most commonly speaks on topics relating to Trend Micro's technology, capability and where is offers value to its customers.
These topics include Consumerisation, Cloud and Virtualisation Security and Cyber Threats. Both exploring the drivers behind these industry trends, the threats and security issues, but also how company's best address these concerns.
Consultant, Hogan Lovells
Conor Ward is a Consultant (and former partner) in the international law firm Hogan Lovells where, for the last 25 years, he has specialised in the contentious and non-contumacious aspects of technology law. He has extensive experience in advising clients in relation cyber-security and dealing with the aftermath of security breaches. He has also been involved in criminal trials relating to computer hacking.
He is the chair of the Cloud Industry Legal Forum and is also a Visiting Industry Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London.
Key Learning Objectives
- The present state of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- The upcoming changes and what they mean to you
- What you can do to best prepare for the new legislation
- CSO/ CISO/ Security Officer/ ISO
- CIO/ CTO
- CEO/ President/ Owner/ Partner
- CFO/ Treasurer/ Controller
- COO/ General Manager
- Ex Director/ Managing Director
- Chief Risk/ Privacy/ Compliance Officer
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of Security
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of Finance/Accounting
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of Operations
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of IS/ IT/ Communications
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of Networking
- EVP/ Senior VP/ VP of Risk/ Privacy/ Compliance
- Director/ Manager of Security
- Director/ Manager of Finance/ Accounting
- Director/ Manager of Operations
- Director/ Manager of IS/ IT/ Communications / Networking
- Director/ Manager of Risk/ Privacy/ Compliance
- IT Staff: Engineer
- IT Staff: Architect