Enterprise IoT: 2017 Investment Survey & Insights
Sponsored by: GlobalData
Date: 27 July
Time: 5PM London/12PM New York
End-user perspectives on key trends that are driving the Internet of Things
From connected vineyards and livestock to connected factories and delivery trucks, it’s hard to ignore a near-constant buzz around the Internet of Things (IoT). Much of the hype is focused on consumer applications like fitness trackers and wearables. And yet, industry stakeholders are increasingly recognizing that enterprise-led deployments – with specific business objectives – are defining the current value of IoT and shaping its future.
To better understand how enterprises around the world are leveraging the Internet of Things, Global Data conducted a survey of more than 1,000 enterprises across all major regions, verticals and company sizes. Connecting with enterprises who were planning IoT or already engaged in IoT deployments – as well as those who had evaluated IoT, but opted-out of deployment – our second-annual survey focused on a number of key areas for 2017.
● Use Cases. Which use cases are driving IoT deployments? Which ones aren’t?
● Business Drivers and Inhibitors. What business objectives are enterprises looking to achieve? What’s holding back their deployment plans?
● Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) -- How do enterprises gain and make use of data insights driven by IoT device instrumentation?
● Deployment Scope and Configuration. How broad – geographic reach, number of devices – are today’s deployments and which technologies do they rely on for connectivity?
● Investment Plans. What are enterprise IoT expectations in terms of Return on Investment (RoI) and where are they investing to achieve them? What components of the IoT ecosystem are enterprises investing in?
● Vendor Expectations -- What qualities and capabilities do buyers look for in partnering with IoT technology and service providers and what kinds of vendors are they choosing?
● Project Management. Within the enterprise, who is taking charge of IoT projects? Beyond the enterprise, which vendors are expected to be in the best position to support IoT deployments?
Join us as Global Data Technology and Telecom discuss the recent findings of our enterprise IoT survey and share insights gleaned from the survey data. With two years’ worth of data at hand, expectations around IoT's value in the enterprise are still running high. Whether you are an enterprise deploying IoT or a supplier into the IoT ecosystem, understanding how enterprises are leveraging IoT and planning IoT deployments is key to executing on its promise.
Service Director, Global IT Technology and Software
Brad bringing more than 20 years of industry experience to bear on his role as Service Director for Global IT Technology and Software. Together with the Principal and Senior Analysts supporting a number of research practices, Brad is responsible for monitoring and evaluating activities within three key industry areas, including enterprise data and analytics, collaboration and communication and application platforms. Specifically, Brad provides detailed analysis of enterprise social networking technologies and data visualization and discovery solutions.
Research Director, Global IT Managed and Hosted Services
As Research Director of Global IT Managed and Hosted Services in the Americas, Kathryn brings over twenty years of expertise in the telecommunications industry to GlobalData and has been with the company for nine years. In her current capacity, she is responsible for driving and managing the strategy, content and direction of the U.S. business services analyst team. Weldon also remains the Mobile IT/Enterprise Mobility Services Practice lead, analyzing events, companies, products and technologies within the US and global mobile enterprise services and solutions space.
Research Director, Enterprise Insights
Rena is a Research Director, Enterprise Insights at GlobalData, specializing in Delivery Management. She is responsible for ensuring the delivery of actionable recommendations and guidance to clients to assist them in formulating their market development and execution strategies. Her expertise is in telecommunications and IT services, including business networking, communications, data center, security and business continuity services.
Senior Analyst, Internet of Things
Josh Hewer is a Senior Analyst responsible for GlobalData’s research into Internet of Things. This includes research, data, content and advisory services such as the IoT Innovation Tracker, Project Insights and forecasts. His most recent topics include an overview of Internet of Things in the global transport market and, in-depth profiles of IOT deployments in agriculture, banking and retail. Before this role Josh led GlobalData’s research into the UK public sector emergency services and transport markets. Prior to this he was an analyst for CIPFA covering transport, environment and fire service functions across UK local authorities.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain perspective on the key use cases enterprises are looking to address with IOT.
- Learn what enterprises, across the world, see as key IoT deployment objectives and challenges.
- Understand how deployment challenges and objectives vary across planned and current IoT users.
- Gain perspective into IoT investment expectations along with existing deployment scale and scope.
- Product Management
- Competitive Intelligence