Webinar: Cellulose nanofibrils (CNF) – a big hype or on the edge of a breakthrough? - 4PM Tokyo
Sponsored by: VTT
Date: 27 May
Time: 2PM Bangkok / 4PM Tokyo / 5PM Sydney
Profound competence boosting the way from manufacturing to profitable business
This webinar will be at the following time:
- 2PM Bangkok
- 3PM Singapore & Kuala Lumpur
- 4PM Tokyo
- 5PM Sydney
- 7PM Wellington
- 12.30PM New Delhi
How to utilize the full potential of the most abundant biopolymer that mother nature has to offer? How to combine the unique properties of cellulose with one of the “hottest” key enabling technologies, nanotechnology? How can science help to overcome the hurdles?
Cellulose fibrils are already used in commercial products, such as in food, pharma and cosmetics and self-evidently in paper and board. How can cellulose nanofibrils be used to multiply the potential of cellulose in these applications and beyond?
This webinar reviews the status of cellulose nanofibril (CNF) research from industrial perspective and shows through a couple of examples how scientific understanding can lead to breakthroughs when tackling the challenges on the way from ideas to applications. The examples include how to:
- Make and modify the cellulose-based fibres for selected applications
- Manufacture films from cellulose nanofibrils
- Optimize retention and dewatering in paper and board making through piloting
- Utilize nanocelluloses as rheology modifiers
Join this webinar to learn how you could speed up your development activities through a profound understanding of underlaying mechanisms.
Dr. Heli Kangas,
Heli Kangas currently works as a Senior Scientist at VTT Ltd. Her background is in Chemistry of Wood Processing with over 15 years of experience in the field. Her work has concentrated on cellulose nanomaterials, especially on their characteristics and potential applications as well as their safety assessment. She has also closely followed their emergence on market and written a guide to cellulose nanomaterials. She has ~15 scientific publications and has published over 20 conference papers in the field.
Pia Qvintus ,
Head of Research Area
Pia Qvintus works currently as a Head of Research Area for Fibres and Biomaterials Research at VTT Ltd. Her background is in Polymer Technology and natural polymers. She has over 25 years of experience in the field. She has been managing several large consortium projects for development of new applications based on natural polymers and biomaterials (including nanocellulose). During the last years the main topics have been related in development of new product concepts for biomaterials combining material technology with design and business expertise.
Key Learning Objectives
- Hear where we stand on the way to commercialize cellulose nanofibrils
- Learn how to manufacture and functionalize cellulose fibrils cost-effectively from different raw materials
- Discover the potential of cellulose nanofibril films as barriers and membranes
- Find out the importance of selecting the right kind of cellulose fibrils for your applications
- R&D Managers & Directors
- Business Development Directors & Managers
- Innovation Directors & Managers
- Directors & Managers of Strategy
- Heads of Market Operations
- Heads of Packaging
- Operation Managers
- Sales VPs