The Evolving Role of The Medical Information Professional
Sponsored by: ArisGlobal
- Medical Information Professionals
- Medical Information Department
Date: 7 June
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Demonstrating their ongoing value in a changing industry
The role of the Medical Information department and the part it plays within a pharmaceutical company is critical to the company’s success. It is one of the core business functions. Yet it is often called upon to demonstrate its value and prove the enhanced efficiencies it can bring: such as providing actionable insights, meeting compliance requirements and providing quality customer service.
This webinar will explore the changing face of Medical Information departments. We will discuss the systems being employed and the importance of these being function-specific and efficient, and look at how the size and focus of the company, whether it’s a small regional start-up, affiliate or global pharma, will also dictate how medical information is handled.
Join this webcast to learn about:
- The different models of Medical Information departments and how they are changing over time
- The challenges faced through outsourcing medical information functions
- How medical information teams can continue to demonstrate their value
- The various systems employed by Medical Information departments
It will conclude by examining what Medical Information could look like in the future and will consider how medical information professionals could challenge their current service when evolving for future success.
Attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the recent whitepaper, “Understanding the Evolving Role of the Medical Information Professional” that accompanies this webinar.
Independent MI Contractor & Consultant
Anne has over 15 years’ experience working in Medical Information and has also held a joint Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance role.
As an independent contractor, Anne has been the Operations Manager with the Pharmaceutical Information and Pharmacovigilance Association (PIPA) for over 10 years, so she has a wide perspective and experience of MI in the industry. She has also worked for various pharmaceutical companies in Medical Information, project management and auditing positions.
More recently she was the major researcher and contributor to the European country section of the Global Regulatory Framework for Medical Information online resource.
Executive Vice President, Product Strategy
Simon Sparkes joined ArisGlobal in 1990 and has held numerous key roles within the company during his 26-year tenure. Simon is currently responsible for the medical communications division leading overall business and product strategy, support and implementation.
Key Learning Objectives
- Provide an overview of various models of MI departments today & how they are changing
- Review outsourcing and the challenges it brings
- Highlight how medical information teams can demonstrate their value to bring success
- Demonstrate the possibilities for adopting an enhanced medical information system
- Medical/Scientific Information Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Medical/Scientific Communications Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Medical/Regulatory Affairs Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Pharmacovigilance Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Medical/Scientific Publications
- Medical Writers
- Knowledge Management Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Medical Resources Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Compliance Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst
- Legal Director/Manager/Specialist/Analyst