Stem Cell Therapies in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases: Heart Failure Takes Center Stage
Sponsored by: GlobalData
- Regenerative Medicine
- Chronic Diseases
- Stem Cell Therapies
Date: 24 July
Days to go: 1
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Regenerative medicine could potentially cure diseases and may replace palliative treatments for chronic diseases. Stem cells in particular have been studied for their regenerative properties: their potential to repair or replace damaged or diseased human cells or tissues to restore normal function. Studies of stem cell therapies targeting cardiovascular indications such as heart failure (HF), myocardial infarction (MI), cardiomyopathy (CM), and left ventricular dysfunction (LVD) aim to demonstrate that stem cells injected into the circulation or directly into the injured heart tissue improve cardiac function and/or induce the formation of new capillaries.
In this expert presentation, Jesus (Jesse) Cuaron, Managing Healthcare Analyst at GlobalData, will present on stem cell therapies targeting cardiovascular disease, drawing on insights from GlobalData’s report, Hot Topic: Stem Cell Therapies in CVMD. The report combines KOL and Payer insights along with data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the marketplace.
Components of the presentation and report include:
• Overview of CVMD and Stem Cells—epidemiology and regulatory oversight
• Pipeline Assessment—regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
• Clinical Trials Assessment—trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors
• Market Access—considerations for reimbursement, pricing, and unmet needs
• Market Outlook—competitive assessment and key market events (2018–2025)
Valentina Gburcik, Director of CVMD at GlobalData, will moderate a Q&A session following the presentation.
This is part of GlobalData's Pharma Intelligence Center offering. To learn more about our content related to the pharma industry click here.
Jesus (Jesse) Cuaron,
Managing Healthcare Analyst
Jesus Cuaron, PhD, PPM, is a Managing Healthcare Analyst in the area of Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disorders (CVMD) at GlobalData. His core responsibilities include providing expert insight on the pharmaceutical industry and contributing to the scope and direction of high quality CVMD market analysis deliverables. Prior to GlobalData, Jesus worked on short term projects as a Project Manager with Pfizer, Aemetis Inc., and the University of California, Riverside during his completion of a Postdoctoral Professional Masters (PPM) in Bioscience Management (Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, Claremont CA). Jesus received his PhD and BSc in Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology at New Mexico State University, Las Cruces NM. His research involved the identification of factors that Staphylococcus aureus requires to express reduced susceptibility to vancomycin, ethanol, and tea tree oil.
Therapy Director, CVMD
Valentina Gburcik, PhD, is a Therapy Director for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders. Prior to taking this position, Valentina was a Senior Analyst at GlobalData, where she produced reports and drug forecasts across a range of high profile and niche therapeutic indications in the field of CV and metabolic disorders as well as representing the company at client presentations, conferences, and with the media. Previously, Valentina was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) and University College London (UCL). Her academic research was focused on molecular and systems biology approach to metabolic and endocrine disorders. She also participated in the development and patenting of a novel nanoparticle-based system for drug delivery, which led her to co-found Tecrea Ltd., a spin-off company based in London’s Bioscience Innovation Centre.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how GlobalData expects the stem cell therapy (targeting CVMD) market landscape to change between 2018 and 2025 across the 8 major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, and China)
- Gain insight on the late-stage stem cell therapy pipeline for cardiovascular disease, including which products GlobalData expects to succeed, and why.
- Learn which unmet needs KOLs identified in the Learn which unmet needs KOLs identified in the heart failure treatment landscape, and whether or not they are likely to be met by stem cell therapies in the pipeline.
- Gain insight into market access, reimbursement, pricing from payers interviewed by GlobalData.
- Identify which stem cell companies are set to be prominent players in cardiovascular disease.
- Managers/Senior Managers/Associate Directors/Directors of Market Research
- Business Insights
- Market Intelligence
- Strategic Insights
- Pipeline Management
- Competitive Strategy
- Customer Insights
- Heads of Research and Development
- Heads of Product Planning and Marketing
- Brand Managers