Webinar: Pen/Cartridge Combinations: How Patient-Friendly Administration Systems add Value to Your Compound - 3PM London
Sponsored by: Vetter
- Patient Friendly Administration System
Date: 1 December
Time: 3PM London / 10AM New York / 9AM Chicago
Systems offer both value and advantages, but choosing the right partner is crucial for success.
The world’s population is aging, and rapidly. By 2050, it is projected that the proportion of people aged 65 and older will be more than double that of children aged 5. This development is occurring primarily in Europe, however, some Asian and Latin American countries are quickly ‘catching up.’
This global phenomenon is also leading to an increasing number of people suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes and osteoporosis. Combined, these trends are making it difficult for health care professionals to effectively treat patients over the long term. Thus, increased attention is leading to a growth in patient-friendly administration systems such as single-and dual-chamber cartridges in combination with a pen device.
The decision to develop a drug product in a cartridge-pen combination will depend on specific drug and market characteristics. This is why cartridges require complex end-to-end solutions for both filling and assembly. Vetter experts Joerg Zimmermann and Kevin J. Wrigley will discuss these challenges and how to choose the right CDMO when developing a drug product in a pen cartridge combination. They will also examine the advantages of these devices and how they can add value to a compound.
By attending this webinar the participant will:
- Gain an understanding of why the demographic changes and an aging population have increased the need for patient-and-administration-friendly injection systems.
- Learn how cartridges can offer distinct advantages, especially in life cycle management strategies.
- Through a case study, gain an appreciation for the challenges in filling and assembling this injection system.
- Understand what must be considered when choosing the right partner for aseptic filling and packaging solutions.
This webinar will run twice at the following times:
- 8AM London / 4PM Singapore / 5PM Tokyo
- 3PM London / 10AM New York / 9AM Chicago
Kevin Joseph Wrigley,
Product & Service Manager
Kevin Joseph Wrigley earned his MSc in International Business from the University of Ulster, UK in 2009. At Vetter, he is responsible for managing the commercial manufacturing business as it pertains to the product lifecycle and portfolio management perspective.
Kevin began his career in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries in management positions at Smith & Nephew, and MorphoSys. He joined Vetter International in 2013 as Product & Service Manager.
Dr. Markus Neumeier,
Team Manager Lyophilisation & Dual Chamber Systems, Technology & Process Transfer, Development Service, Vetter Pharma-Fertigung GmbH & Co. KG
Markus studied molecular biology and earned a doctorate degree in natural science at the University of Regensburg, Germany in 2008. He focused his studies in basic research on liver function in context of metabolic disorders. Markus began his career at Vetter in 2013 as Manager Technology & Process Transfer and was named Team Manager Lyophilisation and Dual-Chamber Systems in 2016. In this position he heads a team of 10 professionals and is responsible for development and implementation of pharmaceutical processes on lyophilisation and filling of dual chamber systems.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn why an aging population has created a need for home administration systems such as pen cartridge combinations and how they offer advantages over other devices
- Appreciate how cartridges add value to your compound at both the clinical and commercial stages including product differentiation and life cycle management
- Learn what to consider when choosing a CDMO for your pen cartridge combination
- Understand the complexities involved in filling and assembly of cartridge/pen solutions
- Drug Development
- Product Development
- Packaging (Development)
- Clinical Development
- External Supply
- External Manufacturing
- Project Manager
- (Commercial) Production