Peanut Allergy: A Bright Future with Room to Grow
Sponsored by: GlobalData
- Peanut Allergy
- Immune Response
Date: 26 June
Days to go: 8
Time: 4PM London/11AM New York
Peanut allergy is defined as a harmful health effect resulting from a specific and reproducible immune response following the ingestion of peanuts. While exposure to dietary immunotherapy within the gastro-intestinal (GI) tract normally leads to oral tolerance, in certain individuals this mechanism fails. This results in sensitization and subsequent allergic responses towards innocuous food immunotherapy. The most dangerous of these responses is an acute systemic reaction called anaphylaxis.
Peanut allergy has prevalence of 1-2.5% in developed nations and a low rate of remission—only around 20% in children. Though the specific etiology of peanut allergy is unclear, it is likely due to the interaction of genetic predisposition with environmental factors. Currently the only available strategy for managing peanut allergy long-term is avoidance and the treatment of acute reactions with injectable epinephrine. Some physicians have begun to offer their patients an investigational treatment known as peanut oral immunotherapy. Though these grassroots efforts can be effective in desensitizing patients to peanut, they lack standardization and regulatory agency approval, thus making it difficult to ensure the safety of the treatment. With a complete absence of approved therapies available, peanut allergy is an indication with extremely high unmet need.
In this expert presentation, Rose Joachim, Healthcare Analyst at GlobalData, will present the changing peanut allergy treatment landscape between 2017 and 2027, drawing on insights from GlobalData’s upcoming report, Peanut Allergy: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027. The current treatment options and drug pipeline for peanut allergy will be covered, including a discussion on GlobalData’s sales forecast for the peanut allergy market. The presentation will include insights from KOLs covering the most important unmet needs for peanut allergy, as well as the opportunities that are likely to remain unaddressed by the end of the forecast period. Dr. Lakshmi Dharmarajan, Associate Director of Immunology at GlobalData, will moderate a Q&A session following the presentation.
Rose Joachim, PhD is a Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Analyst at GlobalData in Boston. In 2017 she completed her PhD in Biological Sciences in Public Health at Harvard University. Her dissertation research explored the effects of age on immune system function during sepsis. When she wasn’t at the bench, Rose spent her time teaching and developing new science curricula as part of the Science Education and Academic Leadership certificate program at Harvard. Prior to her graduate studies, Rose obtained a BS in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from The College of New Jersey.
Lakshmi Dharmarajan ,
Therapy Area Associate Director
Lakshmi Dharmarajan, PhD, PPM, is the Associate Director of the Immunology team at GlobalData in Boston, where she manages the Immunology syndicated market research portfolio. Her team provides actionable insights to clients over a wide range of diseases including autoimmune, dermatological, gastro-intestinal and niche orphan disorders. Lakshmi has over 6 years of experience in pharma market research and consulting, having worked with various clients across the healthcare industry. Lakshmi holds a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Virginia Tech as well as a Masters in bioscience management from Keck Graduate Institute.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how GlobalData expects the peanut allergy market landscape to change between 2017 and 2027 across the 8 major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Canada, and Australia)
- Gain insight on the late-stage pipeline for peanut allergy, including which products GlobalData expects to succeed, and why.
- Learn which unmet needs KOLs identified in the peanut allergy treatment landscape, and whether or not they are likely to be met by the current pipeline.
- Identify which companies are set to be the major players in peanut allergy during the forecast period.
- Managers/Senior Managers/Associate Directors/Directors of Market Research
- Business Insights
- Market Intelligence
- Strategic Insights
- Pipeline Management
- Competitive Strategy
- Customer Insights
- Heads of Research and Development
- Heads of Product Planning and Marketing
- Brand Managers
- This expert presentation is exclusive only for GlobalData's clients. The webinar recording and presentation will be available on the Intelligence Center. For any requests or questions about this webinar please contact us.