Webinar: 90% of RA Patients Are Not Participating In Clinical Studies
Sponsored by: Covance
- Clinical Studies
Date: 25 September
Time: 4PM London/11AM New York
Learn Innovative Strategies to Tap into this Naïve Patient Population
Currently, more than 130 Phase II/III industry-sponsored rheumatoid arthritis (RA) studies are competing for patients and site resources, including an increasing number of biosimilar studies. But 90% of RA patients (approximately 67 million) are not participating in clinical studies. How can our industry tap into this study naïve population and improve recruitment efficiencies?
In this webinar, we discuss how a multifaceted approach is required to enhance recruitment activities and impact results. Join our informative webinar to learn about the current challenges in this competitive trial landscape and gain new insights on how to enhance patient engagement for RA studies.
Senior Director, Strategy & Planning, Covance
Martin Knight is a senior director, operational strategy & planning, based in the UK, and has 30 years’ of experience within the pharmaceutical industry. In his current role, Martin is responsible for supporting project teams in strategy development for inflammation, infectious disease & general medicine with additional focus upon biosimilars.
Martin earned his degree in pharmacology from the University of Manchester in 1987. Following graduation, he spent several years as a research pharmacologist before moving into clinical research in 1990. He joined Covance in January 1998 within the periapproval services unit as manager, medical research group, where he was responsible for supervising clinical operations for late stage drug development (Phase IIIb/IV). From 1999 until 2003, Martin assumed the role of global project director, where his main responsibilities were centralized around European and global program management. Subsequently, he held a number of senior positions within program delivery, including director of clinical operations, client relationship director and senior director, project management in which he was globally responsible for the overall operational relationship between Covance and a defined list of clients.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the pressures facing patient recruitment in RA
- Learn why current industry practices are unsustainable
- See how data can assist in the planning and design of smarter studies
- Discuss a multifaceted approach to attract investigators and recruit patients
- Clinical Development Representatives
- Head of Clinical Development Division
- Project Directors
- Project Managers
- Physician who work in the field of Rheumatology/Immunology and have responsibility for biosimilars development
- Biosimilar program leads in the area of CMC/bioanalytical
- Regulatory strategy and commercialization/market access