Payments Modernisation: Creating a Truly Digital Bank (APAC Perspective)
Sponsored by: Temenos
- Digital Bank
- Bank Of The Future
Date: 8 May
Days to go: 15
Time: 3PM (SGT) / 12:30 (IST)
Why payments are critical for the digital bank of the future
Payments modernization is fundamental to driving banks' business in the future digital ecosystem. Payments business is a crucial source of revenues, data and a critical anchor for broader customer relationships for both retail as well as wholesale banks. In 2016, core payment revenues, excluding interest income, represented up to 25% of global banking revenue (1*).
Payments is now big business in the Asia Pacific (APAC). In 2016, Asia Pacific comprised the largest market share (45%) of the global revenue pool (3*). Annual digital payments volume growth is enormous for both Emerging Asia and Mature Asia Pacific markets at 43% and 9% respectively (2*). This growth is driven due to positive macroeconomic factors, government and industry initiatives to move to a cashless society, digital economy and financial inclusion.
Register today to hear Trevor, Darryl Proctor and Jitesh Malik discuss:
• Why Payment Modernization is critical to the future digital bank
• How this new solution can help you access the US$1.1 Trillion payments opportunity by 2021 (in APAC) (3*)
• How Key Regulatory and Industry Initiatives, Open Banking, DLT, others are shaping the future landscape of payments
• How to leverage Immediate Payments to deliver customer value and frictionless experience (Retail, SME, Corporate, others),
• Insights into the business case
The webinar serves as a perfect guide on how to transform your organization as the future Digital Bank using innovations in payments as a key differentiator.
All participants will benefit from a recording of this session as well as an APAC version of our recent 2017 Transaction Banking Survey.
(1*) Global Payments 2017, Boston Consulting Group
(2*) World Payments Report 2017, Capgemini & BNP Paribas
(3*) Global Payments 2017: Amid Rapid Change, An Upward Trajectory, McKinsey & Company
Product Director, Payments, Temenos
Darryl is responsible for the product planning and execution of Temenos’ Payments product sets. Previously, Darryl was Product Director for Temenos’ Universal and Transaction Banking business which included Corporate Banking, Islamic Banking, Treasury and Payments solutions.
Darryl has over 25 years' experience in the banking and banking software industry. Before joining Temenos, Darryl held trade finance consultancy roles at First National Bank of Southern Africa and Standard Bank of South Africa.
Co-Founder & Asia Pacific Research Director, Tech Research Asia
Trevor specializes in helping clients understand the many dynamics of the diverse Asia Pacific region to get the best out of technology investments and opportunities.
In addition, Trevor also provides consulting and advisory services to business, government, and IT executives including in the financial services and payments markets. Projects include open banking and the API-economy, mobile wallets, blockchain and national payments platforms. Trevor also holds the title of managing editor for TQ, the open and online journal founded by TRA.
Regional Head, Transaction Banking, Temenos
Jitesh is responsible for providing consulting services to banks to help drive their payments modernisation, FinTech Innovation, and Digital Transformations within Temenos.
Jitesh has over 20 years’ experience in Banking IT, FinTech and Digitisation segments. Before joining Temenos, Jitesh held transaction banking consultancy roles at Finastra, Nucleus Software and ACI.
Key Learning Objectives
- Why Payment Modernization is critical to the digital bank of the future
- How innovations in payment can lead to a competitive advantage
- How Open APIs, PSD2 and DLT are shaping the future and landscape of payments offerings
- Driving value from Immediate Payments (Retail, SME, Corporate, others) and Insights to develop business case
- How payment revenues are becoming the key to a bank's success
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operations Officer
- Chief Innovation Officer
- Chief Digital Officer
- Chief Innovation Officer
- Head of Payments
- Head of Transaction Banking
- Head of Corporate Banking
- Head of Retail Banking
- Head of Wholesale Banking
- Head of Trade Finance